- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp non dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp cake flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp matcha green tea powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Curdle the milk by whisking the milk and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl until it is smooth. Allow the milk mixture to sit for about 10 minutes so the mixture can slightly thicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, green tea powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and salt together. Add the milk and vinegar mixture into this bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until everything is just incorporated and there are no longer any lumps. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into cupcake liners. The batter should reach 1/2 way up the cupcake liner. Bake for 17 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Photo credit: Veganbaking.net on Flickr