- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cup milk
- 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a 2 quart sauce man, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in the milk and cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring consistently until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir everything for about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Then transfer the hot mixture back into the saucepan. Boil and stir for 1 minute and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the butter and vanilla and stir.
- Pour the pudding into dessert dishes and cover them. Refrigerate the pudding for about 1 hour or until it is chilled.
Source: Betty Crocker
Photo credit: Meal Makeover Moms on Flickr