- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1 ounce squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large bowl, beat the 1/2 cup butter until it is creamy. Add the sugar and beat until the ingredients are mixed well. Add in the egg and mint extract and beat the ingredients together
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, and salt. Add the dry ingredients by halves into the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half and on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into two 1 1/2 inch diameter cylinders. Wrap the dough with wax paper and refrigerate it for 5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the dough from the freezer. Slice the dough into 1/4 thick pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place the cookies on cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and 1/2 cup butter on a double boiler or a microwave. Dip the cookies into the chocolate or drizzle the chocolate onto the cookies. Place the cookies on wire racks to cool.
Source: All Recipes
Photo credit: brian on Flickr