- 4 large (or 6 medium) sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Place in medium pot and fill with water to cover sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil, covered, and cook until soft - about 20 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and butter. Combine with fork until crumbly. Add oatmeal. Stir to combine.
- When potatoes are finished, drain and place in a large mixing bowl. Beat sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add heavy cream. Beat until smooth.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into a lightly greased pie plate or medium baking dish. Top with brown sugar topping.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Recipe from Short Stop Blog.