- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, diced
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can peaches, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup wheat-free tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne papper
- 5 Tablespoons molasses
- Add the olive oil and shallots to a small saucepan while it is still cold. Heat the pan over a low flame and cook the shallots, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, until they begin to caramelize.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the water and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 more minutes, until shallots are soft.
- Add garlic and remaining Tablespoon of water, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In your blender, pulse the peaches, pineapple, tomatoes, vinegar, pepper, red pepper flakes, tamari, cayenne, molasses, shallots, and garlic until smooth.
- Store your sauce in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.