- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 8-10 drops green food coloring
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add and blend the eggs, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- In another medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and stir. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Make tablespoon size balls and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for about 9 to 10 minutes or until the bottom just browns. Let it cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Mother Thyme
Photo credit: slgckgc on Flickr