- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Set out a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet, making sure no carrots overlap. Bake for 20-22 minutes, tossing with tongs halfway through, until lightly browned. Serve with a black bean burger or grilled chicken burger for a healthier rendition on the old American classic: burgers and fries.
Source: "Allergy-Friendly Food for Families" Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2012.