- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound polish sausage (kielbasa), cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 28-oz can whole tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 8-oz box jambalaya or spanish rice mix
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the kielbasa slices and brown, which should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the whole tomatoes and crush them with the back of a spoon in the pan. Add their juices and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice mix. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for the time specified on the package or until rice is fully cooked.
- Add the shrimp and stir. Continue to cook, pan covered, until the shrimp are opaque. This will take up to 4 minutes.
- Add dashes of the hot pepper sauce, if desired. Scoop into soup bowls.
Photo Source: Stu Spivack