- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp seasoning salt
- salt & pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 sweet peppers, any color
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Tex Mex blend cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cook quinoa in a pot with the 2 cups of water until done. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan; mix carrot, celery, onion, garlic, peas, corn, and spices. Cook over medium heat until veggies are soft and mixture is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and tomato sauce.
- Cut tops off of peppers and place in prepared 9 X 13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese into the bottom of each pepper.
- Fill peppers with the quinoa mixture. Top with 1 Tbsp of the Tex Mex cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 - 45 minutes (until pepper is browned around the top and has softened).
- Serve hot.
Recipe from Jo and Sue’s blog