- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1.5 cups rolled oats, ground into flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup non-dairy dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp fine-grain sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 glass baking pan.
- Whisk water and flax in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix oat flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, chocolate, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk the flax mixture, almond milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Pour the small bowl into the large bowl and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Scoop the batter into the glass pan and smooth the batter with a spoon.
- Mix 1 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1/4 cup coconut sugar together in a small bowl, then sprinkle it over the batter.
- Carefully pour hot coffee over the batter, completely covering the powder and sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Source: Oh She Glows
Photo credit: Alpha on Flickr