- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 whole pears
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice, apple juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Peel the pears, making sure to leave the stems. Remove the core from the bottom of the pear. Place in a shallow cooking pan.
- Add the juice mixture to the pan and set over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, turning pears frequently. (Make sure the mixture does not boil.)
- When pears are done, move them to serving plates and garnish with raspberries and orange zest. Serve immediately