- 2 cup raw sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk, dairy or nondairy
- In a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat, toast the sunflower seeds. Stir the seeds frequently to avoid burning them. Remove them from the heat and allow them to cool at room temperature before using then.
- In a food processor, process the sunflower seeds, stopping intermittently to scrape down the sides.Continue for about 2 to 3 minutes until the seeds turn into thick creamy butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend everything for about 4 to 5 minutes or until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 30 days.
Photo credit: Danielle Tsi on Flickr