- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 15-20 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup Andes Mints, chopped (about one (4.67-oz) package)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter. When creamy, add eggs, peppermint extract and food coloring. Mix until just combined - do not overmix.
- Add in flour mixture and mix on low until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Add in chopped mints and chocolate chips, mixing briefly on low until incorporated through.
- Drop by tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Recipe from the Yummy Healthy Easy blog