- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 can (15-ounce) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté onions for 6-7 minutes until they become soft and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, except toast, to the sauce pan and stir until combined. Cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until evenly heated.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over toast.
Source: Oh She Glows
Photo credit: Avlxyz on Flickr