- 1/2 cup finely ground raw sunflower seeds, sifted
- 2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, plus more for greasing dish
- 2Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs +1 yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the crust. Process for about 15 seconds to combine. Stop and scrape down the sides, if needed, and pulse it once or twice more until a dough is formed.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch x 9 inch baking dish with butter. Place the dough on the dish and press it onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of the dish.
- Using a fork, prick the dough a couple times and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool.
- To prepare the filling, whisk all the filling ingredients together. Allow the coconut flour to absorb everything for 10 minutes and then whisk again until it is smooth. If you have lumps in your coconut flour, pass it through a mesh strainer.
- Pour the filling onto the baked crust and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the center is set and slightly jiggly.
- Cook for 20 minutes then refrigerate until it is chilled.
Source: Against All Grain
Photo credit: John on Flickr