- 6 fresh or frozen catfish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick, about 4 oz each
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion or shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 15 - ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium avocado (diced)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 lime wedges
- If catfish is frozen, thaw. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- For relish, combine lime peel, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, green onion (or shallots), olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, avocado, and tomato. Stir in half of the cilantro mixture. Cover and let chill until serving time.
- Place catfish on rack grill (uncovered) directly over medium coals. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes (or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork). Turn and brush fish once with remaining cilantro mixture halfway through grilling.
- Serve fish with avocado salsa and lime wedges.
Source: Diabetic Living Online
Photo Credit: Kate Sharaf/ Flickr