- 12 ounces soft silken tofu, drained
- 2 Tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmet
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 8 slices whole-wheat or gluten-free bread
- 2 cups assorted fruits (strawberries, blueberries, bananas, pineapple, peaches)
- 8 skewers
- Process tofu, sugar, ginger, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg in food processor until smooth. Pour mixture into a wide, shallow bowl or tupperware.
- Heat 1 1/2 Tablespoons of canola oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the tofu mixture, coating the top and bottom. Place half of the coated slices in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned on bottom side, flip, and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side. (Keep cooked slices warm in a 200 F oven.)
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 Tablespoons of oil to the pan and cook the remaining slices.
- When cool enough to touch, slice each piece of French toast into 6 squares. Place 6 squares on each skewer, alternating with pieces of cut fruit.
- Optional: serve with unsweetened apple sauce, yogurt, cooked blueberries, or maple syrup for dipping!