- Butter, as needed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter the inside of 4 (5 1/2 ounce) ramekins and place them on a casserole dish.
- Whisk the egg yolks, eggs, and sugar until it is light, foamy, and lemon colored.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in 30 second intervals for about 1-3 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture until everything is well combined.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture and combine. Add in the vanilla extract and mix everything together.
- Transfer the batter into a reusable plastic bag. Cut one corner of the bag to create a tip.
- Divide the batter evenly into the 4 ramekins. Tap the ramekins gently on the counter to remove air bubbles. Refrigerate the batter for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the ramekins on the casserole dish and pour hot water into the casserole dish to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen the edges of the cake from the ramekin. Invert the cake onto a plate and serve.
Source: All Recipes
Photo credit: Maurina Rara on Flickr