- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. Add and beat in the eggs, banana, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and mix it well. Add and stir the chocolate chips.
- By tablespoons, drop the batter onto the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges lightly brown. Place the cookies on wire racks to cool.
Source: Taste of Home
Photo credit: Brian Richardson on Flickr