- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, add chicken, buttermilk and hot sauce. Coat the chicken evenly and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a clean bowl.
- Whisk the flour, celery salt, paprika, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a shallow platter.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour and place them on the platter for about 15 minutes.
- In an iron skillet, add oil and bring it up to about 350 F.
- Fry the chicken in batches for about 3 to 5 minutes each or until golden brown and crispy, flipping them over when needed. Drain the excess oil on paper towels and serve.
Source: Laura in the Kitchen
Photo credit: Meal Makeover Moms on Flickr