- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 14-oz cans chicken broth
- 2 lb bag frozen corn or 8 fresh ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- When hot, sauté onion, carrots and celery until slightly softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute then add chicken broth, corn and chicken.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with avocado and tomato. Add fresh ground black pepper if desired.
Recipe from The Picky-Palate Blog