- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned
- 3 tbsp palm shortening or ghee
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 medium sized apples
- 2 cups raw cashews, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring honey to a boil over medium heat, then let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in palm shortening, coconut milk, and salt. Once combined, return to heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat again and allow the caramel mixture to cool for about 2-3 minutes.
- Poke a craft stick or cake pop stick into the stem area of each apple. Holding the apples by their stick, dip each into the caramel mixture until it is almost entirely covered, then dip in chopped cashews. If the caramel in the saucepan begins to harden, warm it up until it softens again. Repeat for each apple, and set them on parchment paper to cool.
Source: Taylor Made It Paleo
Photo credit: Mubiz06 on Flickr