- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds calamari, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup picked cherry peppers, sliced and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Fill a heavy-duty bottom pot halfway with vegetable oil and heat it to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, calamari and cherry pepper slices. Add some salt and pepper and toss everything until evenly coated.
- Add half of the calamari and peppers into the hot oil and fry them for a few minutes or until they are lightly golden brown and crispy. Repeat with the other half.
- Lay the fried calamari and peppers on a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle some Old Bay Seasoning over top.
Source: Laura in the Kitchen
Photo credit: karendotcom127 on Flickr