- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and 1 cup water, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add and stir the blueberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat. Let the mixture simmer for about 3-4 minutes or until the blueberries are broken down.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth and let it cool.
- In a large pitcher, whisk the blueberry syrup, 5 cups water, and lemon juice together. Place the lemonade in the refrigerator and serve over ice with blueberries.
Source: Damn Delicious
Photo credit: culinarycara on Flickr