- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- Juice and Zest from One Lime
- A Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- Combine all the dry seasonings in a small bowl. Mix them together and then season both sides of each chicken breast.
- Add the teaspoon of olive oil to a large pan or skillet. Heat the olive oil for a minute over medium/high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for seven minutes on each side with the lid on.
- Add the chicken stock and quinoa to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium/low heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for ten to fifteen minutes with the lid on, until all the stock has been absorbed.
- After the chicken breasts have cooked all the way through, remove them from the pan and let them rest for seven minutes before slicing them.
- Add the warm quinoa to a large bowl. Toss in the lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper, and chopped cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Serve the sliced chicken breast on top of the quinoa. If you find the blackened seasoning too spicy, you can add a quick and easy avocado cream sauce to cool it down.
- Just place the flesh from an avocado along with two tablespoons of Greek yogurt in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Recipe from the Sarcastic Cooking blog