- ¾ cup oat flour (gluten-free)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free)
- ½ cup golden flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz dried figs
- ½ cup water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, all-purpose flour, flax seed meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter with sugar until mixed well. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Combine both mixtures until it resembles dough.
- Roll out onto plastic wrap until it resembles a low, flat rectangle. Roll into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine figs and water in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread some flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough into a large rectangle, about 10x16 inches. Cut into strips about 4 inches wide (should be 4 strips).
- Gently loosen each strip of dough from the rectangle and spoon ¼ of the filling down the center of each strip
- Fold edges over and pinch to seal. If a tear occurs, patch up with dough.
- Cut each strip into 8 sections and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and slightly firm.
- Remove and let cool.
Source: All Day I Dream About Food Photo credit: Reid-Bee / Flickr