The 2014 AllergyEats Food Allergy Conference for Restaurants & Food Service Professionals will be held in New York City on Oct. 21.
The event is for food service professionals in restaurants, cafeterias and other eateries as well as managers and caterers.
The conference this year is titled How to Maximize Safety and Increase Customer Engagement, Loyalty and Revenue. It will last a full day and be held at the Radisson Martinique on Broadway.
Topics will include food allergy basics, how restaurants "get it right" with allergens, recipe modification, food allergies in colleges and universities, and basic training for food allergies in the food preparation workplace.
The conference will feature many notable speakers, including:
- Matt Abdoo, Chef de Cuisine at Del Posto Restaurant, New York, NY
- Robin Hamm, Director, Food Safety, Quality, and Commercialization at Red Robin International, Inc.
- Jared Schulefand, Owner and Operator of Home, Branford, CT
- Scott H. Sicherer, MD, Elliot and Roslyn Jaffe Professor of Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology, and Chief of the Pediatric Division of Allergy and Immunology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY
- Michael Pistiner, MD, MMSc, Pediatric Allergist for Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Voluntary Instructor of Pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, Co-founder and Content Creator, AllergyHome
More information can be found at AllergyEats.com.