Posted on: Sat, 10/23/1999 - 4:58pm
Renee's picture
Joined: 09/02/1999 - 09:00

I live in AZ, my daughter rated very high (6) on her blood test for PA. Her doctor is an Allergy and Asthma specialist, and he suggested we see a Food Allergy specialist. The only doctors he could suggest were out of state (John Hopkins MD, National Jewish CO).

We are willing to take our daughter anywhere to get answers on how best to handel her PA. Any suggestions?

Posted on: Sun, 10/24/1999 - 4:12am
Noreen's picture
Joined: 01/24/1999 - 09:00

Hi Renee:
Why would your allergist refer you to one of the major medical research centers? Is your daughter allergic by touch and smell? How many reactions has she had and how severe? Currently, there is no cure for peanut allergy. Without more information, I can't understand why your allergist would refer your daughter to a specialized research center. We have many people on this Board who have tested 6 and beyond and were not referred to a specialized medical center.


Click on one of the categories below to see all forum topics.

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

Anxious food allergic kids, understandably concerned about avoiding allergens, can become so restrictive in their food choices that weight loss...

Peanuts are classified as legumes, as are chickpeas. Does this mean a child with a peanut allergy needs to avoid eating chickpeas? As with many...

A young food allergic child is unlikely to say, “My throat is swelling and I’m having difficulty swallowing - I think I’m having an allergic...

Approximately one out of 13 children under age 18 are allergic to at least one food, though many of them will outgrow their allergy by the age of...

So many wonderful recipes call for peanut butter. These recipes can still be enjoyed by experimenting with peanut butter replacements.