Epi Pen...CA schools who must know how to use??

Posted on: Wed, 06/14/2000 - 4:10pm
Nuala Ann's picture
Joined: 06/15/2000 - 09:00

Does anyone know if there is any legislation in California concerning which personnel in the public schools must be trained in how to use an EpiPen? Can we get trainers for ourselves? I know Dey Labs has them for dr. and nurses. I want to make sure my school has it and need to know if there is any law stating who needs training. Please let me know asap. Thanks so much!

Posted on: Wed, 06/14/2000 - 5:46pm
anonymous's picture
Joined: 05/28/2009 - 16:42

The EPIpen trainers can be ordered through the food allergy network for $2 plus s&h. We recently ordered one. They're great. My son's teacher for next year got to try it today.

Posted on: Thu, 06/15/2000 - 2:23am
Diane's picture
Joined: 12/15/1999 - 09:00

I went to the web-site of our state's (NJ) legislation page and I had trouble downloading some laws regarding the administration of epi-pens. I e-mailed them and they responded immediately and said that they found 4 laws regarding it. They were in the mail to me three days later. Check for a CA legislation home-page. [url="http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/"]http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/[/url]
[This message has been edited by Diane (edited June 15, 2000).]

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...