Do I need a 504? My child has an IEP....

Posted on: Sun, 01/27/2008 - 9:27pm
nicolimom's picture
Joined: 02/04/2004 - 09:00

Hello all. My title pretty much sums up my question. I am very new to all this.

My son has some special needs (autism, among others) and we are drafting his first IEP this week. From the get go , his safety at school has been the number one issue, and it seems all our requests are being taken seriously by the school- and these things should be listed in our IEP. The nurse gave us a big packet of papers to bring to pur allergist to be filled out and we are ready to go.

Does he need a 504 as well? Thank you so much for any advice.

Posted on: Mon, 01/28/2008 - 11:19am
stephklem's picture
Joined: 02/03/2006 - 09:00

You should be all set with an IEP as long as they are including all of the food allergy information in it. And it sounds as though they are!

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...