Ok.. so I have decided a 504 would be good (m)

Posted on: Thu, 03/20/2008 - 10:55am
Mrsdocrse's picture
Joined: 01/16/2007 - 09:00

now what... I asked the school they said I need to get a form fromt he Dr. The Dr said the forms come from the school and he fills them out with a diagnosis.

so who is right or where do I start? Ihave e mailed the school nurse today but don't expect to hear back right away.


Posted on: Fri, 03/21/2008 - 5:59am
pfmom2's picture
Joined: 01/22/2006 - 09:00

Sort of both right. You should start by getting your doctor to write a letter stating the hidden disability... life-threatening allergy (ies) to ....
School Districts have paperwork that needs to be filled out stating the parent is requesting a 504 designation for their child to get the ball rolling. Ask if there is a 504 coordinator that you can contact and find out where to get the papers.
There is a great site on all of these questions.....
Hope this helps!

Posted on: Fri, 03/21/2008 - 11:44am
Mrsdocrse's picture
Joined: 01/16/2007 - 09:00

This is great!!! thankyou!

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...