33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted on: Wed, 02/19/2003 - 5:50am
DebO's picture
Joined: 03/15/1999 - 09:00

The T-2201 needs to be filled in by a physician. I would talk to your allergist or doctor to see if they will fill it out for you. As the legislation stands right now there is a precedent set so they are likely to allow the credit if your physician will certify that there is a disability because it takes longer than normal time to feed yourself - although it may get audited or you may have to appeal.
It certainly is worthy trying, in my opinion.
good luck

Posted on: Sat, 02/22/2003 - 7:52am
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

I never received the form from the government (should have known not to trust the *nice* e-mail I received from them) and I didn't have any taxable income (student loan) so I didn't need to use this this year.
Still in all, have had inquiries off-the-board re this and thought perhaps people could post up-to-date information re this.
Has anyone done their taxes and submitted the form with it regardless?
Best wishes! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Sat, 02/22/2003 - 11:42pm
teacher's picture
Joined: 11/02/2000 - 09:00

I have to admit, I am naive (read: DUMB!) about all this stuff. I don't even do my own taxes ... I play the "helpless female" role and let either my father or DH do it for me. Bad, I know.
But after reading through all these threads (and only understanding small portions of each), I printed it all off and brought it to my father, who is an extremely successful businessman with a keen business mind (read: he knows how to "get around" stuff when he's filing HIS tax returns!!!)
He said, "What exactly are the expenses that you are claiming?? Where can you prove you have expenses when it comes to this allergy? What dollar figure are they going to base this on?"
Okay, he got me. I couldn't come up with a single thing! Just about the only thing that has come out of my pocket in all these years is Andy's Epi-belt, and if I could just remember to get his doctor to write a note about it, my insurance company will reimburse me for that.
So what kinds of things do YOU guys see as expenses and what kinds of dollar figures are you claiming?

Posted on: Sun, 02/23/2003 - 3:30am
mom2cuties's picture
Joined: 02/21/2002 - 09:00

I called my accountant too and he advised it as a "waste of time" as he put it. Now I don't know what to do. Has anyone claimed this yet?

Posted on: Sun, 03/02/2003 - 2:25pm
anonymous's picture
Joined: 05/28/2009 - 16:42

teacher - three quick examples I can think of for me is:
1) claiming my cosco membership (only place philly swirl is suppose to be available to me - but I still can't find a store that has it in stock, and the "natrel chocolate milk jugs" - only guaranteed chocolate milk that I know of here)
2) gas expense driving to out of town cosco's when products aren't available in my local costco.
3) gas expense driving to the nearest sobey's that stocks the full line of Champman's popcycles, etc. (loblaws and dominions in our town have agreements with popcycle brand to only carry the icecream products of chapman's, so I have to find a sobey's that carries these other safe chapman's products.)
It's all the little driving around for me finding the safe stuff. Gas prices add up and if our accountant can and be sucessful in claiming my husbands drycleaning expenses, toothpaste/mouthwash/deoderant expenses to keep my husband having a sharp clothes, smelling good and a great smile as expensible claims, my driving around costs are equally valid (our accountant is simply amazing - he costs alot, but we get big whopping tax return cheques in exchange for his hard work)
PS - I'm thinking of claiming the annual campground fees for our summer trailer as we had to find a park, close enough to a hospital that was peanut safe. Not sure how that one will go over, but I'll try to claim it, and if it is refused, nothing ventured, nothing gained is the way I'm figuring it [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/wink.gif[/img]
Hope these little ideas help.
Warm regards,

Posted on: Tue, 03/04/2003 - 11:59am
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Is anyone going to try this?
As you can see from my last post, I can't, but I'm really interested (and actually the friend who initially told me about it is as well) as to what is going on.
I'm late for the beginning of the first episode of the third season of The Sopranos.
I have to dash! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img]
Many thanks and best wishes! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Mon, 03/17/2003 - 12:22am
Annshel's picture
Joined: 05/30/2002 - 09:00

Anybody have any luck with this?? Do you have to have receipts??

Posted on: Mon, 03/17/2003 - 2:05am
MommaBear's picture
Joined: 09/23/2002 - 09:00

I wonder if "homeschooling" due to PA at the recommendation of the public school system (especially, since a large portion of my property tax bill ie: 3000-4000 (estimate) dollars per year funds public education) qualifies as a "critical incident"? I understand "critical incident" is in reference to Canadian issues, but if (as I am unsure) there were any income tax breaks associated with PA here in the States, and it was similiar to what is being discussed in this thread...............I can't help but theorize.

Posted on: Mon, 03/17/2003 - 2:46am
Batman's picture
Joined: 08/11/2000 - 09:00

We talked to our accountant (and he used to work for Revenue Cda) and he is telling us not to bother since they have become so stringent on the rules here in Canada and closed almost all the loop holes.

Posted on: Sun, 06/08/2003 - 8:54am
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted by Linda and Riley to-day under Main Discussion:-
here in BC i received a tax credit for 2001 and 2002 our accountant submitted a letter along with the disability form the doctor filled out. and we got a huge tax credit. so if your in bc go for it!!!!!!!!! (there's a loop hole for these 2 years that they can credit you but not before or after?????)
Now, I'll have to go and re-read the thread and see if anyone else got a credit as well.


Peanut Free Store

More Articles

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...