Adult PA

Posted on: Mon, 04/12/2010 - 3:20am
clbmanning's picture
Joined: 04/12/2010 - 10:04

I am new here. I have not been officially diagnosed but I am certain I have developed a peanut allergy as an adult. I LOVE peanut butter but I don't eat it any more because I get more and more reactive to it.

1. rashes
2. swelling of the face and neck
3. feel sick to my stomach
4. vomiting

I am looking for an allergist in the west metro Denver area.

Posted on: Mon, 04/12/2010 - 6:33am
cmvervais's picture
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 16:21

Welcome. You will find a lot of useful information here. My daughter was diagnosed last month, and I have found this site to be one of the most helpful.
You should definitely find an allergist, because most people with peanut allergy need an EpiPen in case of emergencies. You should also start reading labels and avoid anything that contains peanuts or was processed on shared equipment with peanut products. Trace amounts can be found in A LOT of processed foods.
I wish you luck. It is a life-altering experience, but manageable with the right information.

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...