We are looking for pictures during reactions - Peanut Allergy Information

We are looking for pictures during reactions

Publish date:

If you have any pictures please send them in. We would also like to know if you would be willing to let us use the pictures to bring the seriousness of this allergy to the public, lawmakers etc.

Let me know.

This is very important.

The address to mail them to is below.

Stay Safe,


MAILING ADDRESS: (To send donations and information) PeanutAllergy.Com 123 Grant Ave. Medford, MA 02155


Contact info form page/please fill out [url="http://www.peanutallergy.com/formpage.htm"]http://www.peanutallergy.com/formpage.htm[/url]

Home page: [url="http://www.PeanutAllergy.Com"]http://www.PeanutAllergy.Com[/url]

Discussion Boards: [url="http://www.peanutallergy.com/bbpage.htm"]http://www.peanutallergy.com/bbpage.htm[/url]

PHONE NUMBER 1-781-395-9530

FAX NUMBER 1-603-388-5483

On Jan 6, 2000


I think this is an excellent idea! I don't have any pictures of my son when he had his one and only reaction, but everytime I talk to someone about this, and I know they are not taking it seriously, I wish I had a picture of him - covered in vomit, with his eyes, lips and ears so swollen he was unrecognizable! A picture is worth a thousand words, and would make a powerful tool in educating people on the seriousness of this allergy.

On Jan 6, 2000

Do you just want reactions caused by peanuts? My two year old is anaphylactic to both milk and eggs, but isn't allergic to peanuts.

On Jan 16, 2000

I think pictures of anaphalactic reactions in general would be appropriate, even if caused by another food. We're all in this together, and we should help people with other food allergies and vice versa.

On Jan 16, 2000

Schierman is right, he is also working on this project.

------------------ Stay Safe,


On Jan 20, 2000

Chris, I don't have any picture's of my husband during the reaction, but when Keith was recovering from his coma (due to peanut reaction) U of M Hospital made a video of him for the University of Michigan Hospital to use for there students. They talked about what he went through and how he was going thru rehab because of a reaction to peanuts. I know they were using it in classes to help new students and to help people understand that they aren't alone.

I think picture's are a good, but people react so differently and that needs to be stressed. Keith doesn't get hives anymore or really any outword signs. His breathing and throat are his signs. I think people who are new to the allergy may try to compare their allergy with other. Don't get me wrong, I know your reasons are for public awareness and you and I both know that the public needs all the education they can get.

A picture is worth a 1000 words.


On Feb 5, 2000


I think your last statement is what it's all about! I wish I had thought to take a picture of my son when he had his reaction. If I could just show that to the people around me, then I know they would be much more careful. I've had many times when peanuts or something made with peanuts was passed around at a gathering of friends. And this is with all my friends that know my son has the allergy. I've come to realize that there are two types of people: those that get the message right away and those that seem to never get it! A picture of a small child during a reaction would sure help to get the message across!