Very well done local news story on PA...

Author:
Publish date:
Updated on

We had a story run about our family on the local news. I didn't see it on the air, but I just watched the recording last night. I was extrememly pleased by how it turned out. The reporter focused on why peanut butter is dangerous at school because of the oily residue it leaves behind, and included several shots of the oil left behind on a person's fingers after touching peanut butter. She also talked to my son's preschool, that is peanut free, and to another elementary school, that is not peanut free but acknowledges the need to have strict controls in the classroom itself to protect allergic students. Overall I am very very happy about how it turned out. Now I need to try to figure out how to share it with everyone...

Lori

On Jul 8, 2004

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news. I am certain that you helped educate lots of people about pa.

Kudos to you!!!

[img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img] Miriam

On Jul 8, 2004

Munchkin's Mom, great stuff! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

I did one on-line article re PA before and we've done two stories now re Jesse and his PA for the newspapers in the two different towns we lived in, and I've always really felt it was a positive thing to do. The articles always turned out really well and we never got any negative feed-back whatsoever.

I think what's really important about what you did is that you mention the residue factor - that oily-ness that people don't always understand. Excellent stuff! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Best wishes! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

------------------

On Jul 9, 2004

Did anyone find a link?

Love this site Synthia

Related