125 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 9:39am
MommaBear's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/23/2002 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by PeteFerraro:
[b]
As far as some of sensitivity in this thread, I think the board needs a touch of testosterone. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img] [/b]
It's been said I have a male brain. Does that count? [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:Originally posted by PeteFerraro:
[b]If you think people in this thread were out of line you should see some of the posts on one of the other boards I participate in. Trust me, the discussion in the thread debating "John Deere vs Cub Cadet" on the gardenweb.com forum is heated.[/b]
I've been wanting to post a thread in "Off Topic" re: [b]'Chevy, Ford, or Dodge, Need a New Pickup Truck --- Which one, Why or Why Not?'[/b]***. But I wonder if it's too *hot* a topic?
*** (Need a 3/4 ton, four door, 8 foot bed. Not sure if *diesel* is the way to go yet.)

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 9:59am
PeteFerraro's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/10/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Going Nuts:
[b]I sure wouldn't want to p*ss off any of those guys - they all have powertools.[/b]
2 years ago, I never would have thought a toddler with a peanut butter sandwich could be as dangerous as a toddler with a circular saw.
Quote:Originally posted by MommaBear:
[b]re: 'Chevy, Ford, or Dodge, Need a New Pickup Truck --- Which one, Why or Why Not?'[/b]
Either is fine, just make sure you get 4.10 gears with posi. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
------------------
Pete Ferraro
[url="http://www.FerraroFamily.org"]www.FerraroFamily.org[/url]
[This message has been edited by PeteFerraro (edited April 22, 2004).]

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 10:36am
MommaBear's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/23/2002 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by PeteFerraro:
[b] Either is fine, just make sure you get 4.10 gears with posi. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
[/b]
Pssssssssssst. [i]one last little question[/i] [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img]
The truck we are looking at tows about 14,000 lbs. Considering we will only be towing 8,000, maybe 9,000 fully loaded......... Do you think it would be OK to go with the 3.73, sacrifice some torque, and get a tad better gas mileage? We plan on cross country trips and will definitely need to climb some mountains. We're used to about 1800 RPM at 70 mph. (Definitely want the LSD) [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img] I understand it is a relatively inexpensive option.
Sorry about the additional question, maybe I should post the topic. I will if I have any other questions about the subject. Again thank you for your input.

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 10:40am
anonymous's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2009 - 16:42

Um, I use the power tools in our household. No kidding.

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 11:36am
PeteFerraro's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/10/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by MommaBear:
[b] Pssssssssssst. [i]one last little question[/i] [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img]
The truck we are looking at tows about 14,000 lbs. Considering we will only be towing 8,000, maybe 9,000 fully loaded......... Do you think it would be OK to go with the 3.73, sacrifice some torque, and get a tad better gas mileage? We plan on cross country trips and will definitely need to climb some mountains. We're used to about 1800 RPM at 70 mph. (Definitely want the LSD) [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img] I understand it is a relatively inexpensive option.
Sorry about the additional question, maybe I should post the topic. I will if I have any other questions about the subject. Again thank you for your input.
[/b]
I agree. You will want the 3.73 axle. The 4.10 axle is not an option on the F350 V8 6.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel with the 6 speed manual OD transmission. The LSD is actually a $300 option.
If you are truly planning on towing a 14,000 trailer then Ford is out. The F350 will tow a max of 13000 lbs. But then again neither will the Chevy or the Dodge.
In order to get the towing capacity up to 14,000lbs, you will need some mods, What are you thinking about to get the towing capacity up to 14,000 lbs?
------------------
Pete Ferraro
[url="http://www.FerraroFamily.org"]http://www.FerraroFamily.org[/url]

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 12:33pm
Scruffy's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/12/2003 - 09:00

my advice is to just get a wrecker to tow things...
trucks are made to shave, bag, and drag.
(btw, im not trying to be smart or anything... i just work for a street mod company)
[img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 10:52pm
MommaBear's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/23/2002 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by PeteFerraro:
[b] I agree. You will want the 3.73 axle. The 4.10 axle is not an option on the F350 V8 6.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel with the 6 speed manual OD transmission. The LSD is actually a $300 option.
If you are truly planning on towing a 14,000 trailer then Ford is out. The F350 will tow a max of 13000 lbs. But then again neither will the Chevy or the Dodge.
In order to get the towing capacity up to 14,000lbs, you will need some mods, What are you thinking about to get the towing capacity up to 14,000 lbs?
[/b]
no, nonononono.......... [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img] just towing 8,000 or 9,000 lbs. Probably shouldn't have rounded up.......... ie: [b]"about 14,000" lbs"[/b]. We are looking at loading the bed at 1000 lbs (golf cart), 700 lb tongue weight with a load distributing hitch, and maybe 9,000 lbs fully loaded trailer. Not sure if it is too much or unsafe.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll have to look at the specs I took down again, thought we were looking at the 3/4 ton, not the one ton. Maybe the good price is confusing me. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img]
Would love a one ton, but heard the beefier suspension weight actually negates some of the engine. Engines being equal. Maybe it's a myth, as I suppose anything you would put in the bed or tow would do the same? If I'm wrong on the tonnage, I wonder if the 3/4 would still be sufficient? I'd rather we overbuy in case we get a larger trailer again next year.
I know I definetly want a vinyl floor. Work Truck almost. Want air. Probably will have to go with a package, since we've usually found individual options to be pricer than packages. Hope we get the vinyl floor. Camping gets messy.
I've heard Dodge has a German made van-like vehicle this year. Maybe i've heard wrong. Not enough to tow what we want, but maybe in the future they will offer the same in a larger truck.
[b]Power Stroke Turbo Diesel[/b]. I just gotta say it again. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img] it's like that [i]Mufassa[/i] thing. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img] My husband really seems happy I like trucks. We will have two if we get a second. [i]Convoy..........[/i]
We plan on hauling (love that word) two recumbent adult trikes, a child trailer, a mountain bike, a walker, a wall tent, wood stove, generator, snorkling supplies, scuba tanks, etc, golf cart, and a 29 foot trailer on our trips. [i]Who knows what we will bring home.[/i] [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/tongue.gif[/img]
My husband usually just back packs in the Boundry Waters when we do not tag along. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
Pete, thank you for indulging my previous questions.
I probably should start that thread?

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 10:57pm
MommaBear's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/23/2002 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Scruffy:
[b]my advice is to just get a wrecker to tow things...
trucks are made to shave, bag, and drag.
[/b]
[img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/biggrin.gif[/img]
If it comes with hydraulic seats.......[i]it could be a possibility. [/i] [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/tongue.gif[/img]

Posted on: Thu, 04/22/2004 - 11:12pm
MommaBear's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/23/2002 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by MommaBear:
[b]
If I'm wrong on the tonnage, I wonder if the 3/4 would still be sufficient? I'd rather we overbuy in case we get a larger trailer again next year.
[/b]
Might get a fifth wheel someday, current truck is Dodge Ram 1/2 ton, 1996, hoping to keep the new one a [i]long time[/i]. Heard towing capacity can be increased with a fifth wheel? Not sure.

Posted on: Fri, 04/23/2004 - 2:08am
Sandra Y's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/22/2000 - 09:00

MB! *slap* Snap out of it! You're talking to yourself again!

Pages

Forum

Click on one of the categories below to see all forum topics.

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

It Is Easy To Buy Peanut Free Chocolate Online

Ask any parent of a child with a potentially life-...

Seeds, such as pumpkin or sunflower, make great peanut or tree nut substitutes in recipes, and roasted soy or garbanzo beans are tasty snacks and...

So many wonderful recipes call for peanut butter. These recipes can still be enjoyed by experimenting with peanut butter replacements.

...

Peanuts and peanut oil are cheap and easy additives to food and other commercial goods. It is surprising (and alarming if you have a...

Those with severe peanut allergies soon learn to look for the 'peanut-free sign' on any packaged food purchase. This is a notation found on a wide...