Posted on: Sat, 10/23/1999 - 4:58pm
Renee's picture
Joined: 09/02/1999 - 09:00

I live in AZ, my daughter rated very high (6) on her blood test for PA. Her doctor is an Allergy and Asthma specialist, and he suggested we see a Food Allergy specialist. The only doctors he could suggest were out of state (John Hopkins MD, National Jewish CO).

We are willing to take our daughter anywhere to get answers on how best to handel her PA. Any suggestions?

Posted on: Sun, 10/24/1999 - 4:12am
Noreen's picture
Joined: 01/24/1999 - 09:00

Hi Renee:
Why would your allergist refer you to one of the major medical research centers? Is your daughter allergic by touch and smell? How many reactions has she had and how severe? Currently, there is no cure for peanut allergy. Without more information, I can't understand why your allergist would refer your daughter to a specialized research center. We have many people on this Board who have tested 6 and beyond and were not referred to a specialized medical center.


Click on one of the categories below to see all forum topics.

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

It Is Easy To Buy Peanut Free Chocolate Online

Ask any parent of a child with a potentially life-...

Seeds, such as pumpkin or sunflower, make great peanut or tree nut substitutes in recipes, and roasted soy or garbanzo beans are tasty snacks and...

So many wonderful recipes call for peanut butter. These recipes can still be enjoyed by experimenting with peanut butter replacements.


Peanuts and peanut oil are cheap and easy additives to food and other commercial goods. It is surprising (and alarming if you have a...

Those with severe peanut allergies soon learn to look for the 'peanut-free sign' on any packaged food purchase. This is a notation found on a wide...