\Smell Sensitive\?

Posted on: Fri, 02/09/2001 - 6:05am
Frances's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/28/2000 - 09:00

pI'm just wanting clarification about the term "smell sensitive" which I keep coming across on various threads here. No one is really "smell" sensitive are they? Doesn't there have to be an actual peanut protein that is airborne? To me that isn't really smell--it is actually a touch situation where the proteins touch the PA individual and the reaction occurs. I ask only because this seems to be a very common question to us. You mean your son can actually react to the smell. I always say no--but that the peanut protein actually becomes aerosolized and this is what he reacts to. He has had a reaction like this--a child at school opened a peanut candy near him. My son was 8 at the time and says he doesn't know what happened but that maybe when the child opened the candy it went "poof". Anyway, maybe I'm being picky but I think if we are going to be at this education of other people about PA we need to be specific. Am I being to picky? I really love the feed back from everyone here./p

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...