safe cake mix


My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. What brand of cake mix do you use? I've heard a lot of people mention Betty Crocker, but does anyone use Duncan Hines or Pillsbury? Also, are you comfortable using any flavor as long as there's no warning? Thanks.


On Jun 6, 2008

Hi. I use Betty Crocker or Cherrybrook Kitchen. You can get cherrybrook at wholefoods or order it online. a few giant stores sell them also. some duncan hines if not all have nut warnings on them so i dont use them. i havent read a pillsbury cake mix lately but i do use their frosting.

On Jun 15, 2008

Yep--same as tidina--Betty Crocker or Cherrybrook Kitchen. We use other Pillsbury items and would probably trust their label, but we've always been happy with BC and Cherrybrook Kitchen (btw, we get many compliments on Cherrybrook Kitchens from non-allergy families). Good luck!

On Jun 16, 2008

i have used Pilsbury in the past (i believe it's General mills & we trust their labeling) i would NOT however, use Duncan Hines...i have called them several times & they have flat out told me that even if there is no "may contain" labeling it still MAY CONTAIN!