Recently, whenever I overdose on peanuts (have a Mr. Goodbar or chicken fried rice), I break out around my mouth in tiny little cold sore-like cysts and get canker sores inside my mouth. This has occurred enough times to attribute it to consumption of peanuts/peanut oil (believe). Is this a common food allergy symptom? I haven't found it included in typical symptom lists. Does this symptom indicate a peanut allergy?
On Feb 24, 1999
Jen, I can't answer your question But I hope someone can. Just makes me wonder. My 2 year has peanut allergy. When I in the first grade (around those years) I had the same symptoms as you. But I never connected it with peanut butter. I've always ate peanut butter. Have you been tested?