PA/TNA Safe Candy 2007

Posted on: Fri, 06/29/2007 - 2:50pm
KBMOM's picture

What candy do you let your PA/TNA child eat? Below is what I have researched to be safe. If you don't agree with one, please share your thoughts as to why? Or if I missed listing a safe candy, please share. Thanks!

Air Heads
Bottle Caps
Candy Canes*
Candy Corns*
Charms Blow Pops
Dots
Dum Dum Pops
Gobstopper
Good & Plenty
Hershey Hugs
Hershey Kissables (only if no Shea is in it)
Hershey Kisses (Silver wrapped)
Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar
Hot Tamales
Jolly Ranchers
JUJUBES
JUJYFRUITS
Junior Mints
Laffy Taffy
Lifesaver Gummies
Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip
Mike and Ike
Necco Assorted Wafers
Nerds
PEZ
Pixy Stix
Push Pops
Razzles
Red Vines
Ring Pop
Rolo
Runts
Skittles
Smarties
Sour Punch Straws
Starburst
Sugar Daddy/Sugar Babies
Swedish Fish
Sweethearts
Tootsie Pops
Tootsie Rolls
Twizzlers Strawberry Twists
Whoppers
York Peppermint Pattie

* Not all brands are safe, please read labels.

Posted on: Fri, 06/29/2007 - 11:46pm
tidina's picture

i believe ring pop is by topps and i did not like their response. heard some PA kids dont like them and i wonder why. heard of reactions to pez but let my son eat it again after not letting him for a while after hearing reaction stories. everyone reacts to different things. dont let my son have kisses because if they arent in bag he will eat them somewhere and they mite not be safe.

Posted on: Sat, 06/30/2007 - 1:17am
momll70's picture

My son had ring pops a couple of times. I didn't know that some PA kids don't like them. I also give my son PEZ. So far no problems but good to know about other peoples experiences.
Thanks also for the list of safe candies, I'm sure I will be checking out some other things I didn't know about.

Posted on: Sat, 06/30/2007 - 2:38am
PeanutFreeInMD's picture

My DS recently brought home a ring pop from a birthday party. I called the Topps Co. Inc. at 1-888-895-7529 and was satisfied with their answer to it being safe. He ate it with no problem.
Everyone's comfort zone is different though, so please call for yourself...

Posted on: Sat, 06/30/2007 - 4:19am
lj's picture
lj

Anyone know about the Necco button candy? The type that comes on long strips of paper?

Posted on: Sat, 06/30/2007 - 4:28am
mcmom's picture

Hersheys also makes choclate stix that come in a box that are safe.
Tootsie makes Junior caramels, and Tootsie chews that are safe.
JMO, but I would omit candy corn from that list - probably 99% of candy corn is unsafe. I have *never* found a safe brand where I live (I will only order it from VNF).

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...