Hi, a few weeks ago my 22 month old had a very small bite of peanut butter and his lips swelled up and he had hives on his face, he never seemed in distress. I called the Dr. and the nurse said to keep him away from peanuts and that was it. Nothing about it being a dangerous allergy, or an epipen, just keep him away from peanuts. I didn't feel right about this so I made an appointment to see the Dr. and again I got keep him away from peanuts. I had to ask for an epipen and couldn't get any instruction on what other steps to take. Was his reaction not severe enough to warrant my worry or should I find another DR.??
On Dec 26, 2001
Yes, find a allergist, if the doc you saw is allergist, get a new allergist. I sugguest blood testing for confirmation of allergy and to find out if there are any other food(s) allergic to.
Much success to you, read about PA here on this site and do search for other web sites.