New to the forum

Author:
Publish date:
Updated on

Hello, my name is Tory and I just found out today that my daughter, Taylor (5), has severe peanut allergies. She had eaten peanuts in the shell back in February of this year, and immediately her lips became swollen and the tips of her fingers. I gave her Benadryl and watched her, but thought nothing more of it. This morning she ate a granola bar that had peanut butter in it. Within minutes, her entire face was swollen and she had an itchy throat. After several intense hours at the local ER, we are now home, she's doped up on Benadryl, and we now have a ready supply of Epipens on hand. I never thought I would have a child with an allergy like that. I am totally new to the world of reading labels as a necessity. I am totally boggled and overwhelmed. Thank goodness for all the good info on this website, as the doctor didn't really tell us a whole lot. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and any info that you can share with me. Thanks!

By BestAllergySites on Jun 15, 2010

Torybeth--welcome! I'm so sorry to hear of your daughters reaction but am so glad that she is okay. I know it is very scary and overwhelming.

Hang in there--you are doing great. Feel free to ask any questions and give yourself some time to get used to it all. It does and will get easier!

Ruth

Related