New to Board from Pembroke, Ontario

Posted on: Mon, 07/11/2005 - 11:23pm
obsessive's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2005 - 09:00

Hi All:
I have been reading the board for a few months now and love all the advice you give everyone. My daughter is PA and 2 years old. She was diagnosed at 18 months. She was being retested for a soy intolerance and they tested her for peanut at that time. Her Rast test was 2.75. I pretty much live in a state of panic, I am having a hard time dealing with it still. I worry something is going to happen to her all the time. I want her to have a normal life, but I have a hard time taking her out of our house. Even when we go to the park, I wash her hands several times while we are there because she still puts her hands in her mouth. I live in a state of panic while we are there. How likely is it that a child could have an allergic reaction from touching something and then putting her hands in her mouth. I assume quite high, but would love some input. Tips on how anyone handles this both with their child and handling it themself.
Thanks
Obsessive

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...