My son is was diagnosed (by skin test) at 10mo with a peanut allergy. He had moderate eczema which is why we had him tested for food allergies. He is now almost 5 and has never had anything with peanuts as we know. He has always been a low Class 1. Last year he was .17 and this year it came back a little higher at .37. My question is does he really have a peanut allergy? Is it possible that these test could be wrong?
Any advice or experience we be appreciated.
By Terismom99 on Jun 27, 2012
My daughter was diagnosed at 3 1/2 after her lip swelled after eating a pb sandwich. She's 12 now and has never had another reaction. We get her tested every two years and since 2006 her results have gone from .75 to 2.38 (on a scale of 0-62) We're currently going to a naturopath to see if we can desensitize her body a little. Even though she's never had another reaction, the fact that just ONE reaction could possibly kill her is enough to not take a chance.