95 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted on: Tue, 08/08/2006 - 9:54pm
Going Nuts's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2001 - 09:00

Gale & Jimmy'sMom, I immediately had the same thought. I'm not running out to buy the champagne and confetti for the big celebration just yet. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/wink.gif[/img]
I think I'll call the number on the link later and find out if they will be "may contain" or not and register my [b]extreme[/b] displeasure if they are.
Amy
[This message has been edited by Going Nuts (edited August 09, 2006).]

Posted on: Tue, 08/08/2006 - 10:23pm
erik's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Going Nuts:
[b]Gale & Jimmy'sMom, I immediately had the same thought. I'm not running out to buy the champagne and confetti for the big celebration just yet. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/wink.gif[/img]
I think I'll call the number on the link later and find out if they will be "may contain" or not and register my [b]extreme[/b] displeasure if they are.
Amy
[/b]
Nestle USA does not know how to make Coffee Crisp bars, so my guess is that they will just import them from Canada.
Or at least I hope they will import them from Canada.
[This message has been edited by erik (edited August 09, 2006).]

Posted on: Tue, 08/08/2006 - 11:51pm
Timmysmom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/16/2003 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by csc:
[b]erik, and as a reminder to those avoiding sheanut - Coffee Crisp does have sheanut oil in it.
[/b]
What is sheanut? Is it a treenut? I never heard of it before, please forgive me!

Posted on: Wed, 08/09/2006 - 12:27am
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Timmy's Mom, can't really answer your question. Some members believe sheanut is a tree nut and other's believe it is a tree fruit. There has been much discussion on the board about it, going back years. There was discussion last week where the response from FAAN was re-raised.
If you need some help finding the threads, let me know.
HTH. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
Best wishes! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
------------------
If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I would walk up to heaven and bring you back home with me.

Posted on: Thu, 08/10/2006 - 12:09pm
Going Nuts's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2001 - 09:00

I called them tonight and they told me that while the product itself wouldn't contain, we have to read each wrapper to determine whether or not they are cross-contaminated. *Sigh* It doesn't sound as thought they are planning to make them on dedicated lines.
We'll have to wait and see. Have there been any local sightings yet?
Amy

Posted on: Thu, 08/10/2006 - 12:33pm
ajgauthier's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/13/2005 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by csc:
[b]Timmy's Mom, can't really answer your question. Some members believe sheanut is a tree nut and other's believe it is a tree fruit. There has been much discussion on the board about it, going back years. There was discussion last week where the response from FAAN was re-raised.
If you need some help finding the threads, let me know.
HTH. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
Best wishes! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
[/b]
I'm betting that if they are going to be manufactured in the US, then they will have palm oil instead of shea oil as Nestle USA using palm and palm kernel oil, not shea oil (like the Canadian counterpart).
A
------------------
30-something survivor of severe peanut/tree nut allergy

Posted on: Fri, 08/11/2006 - 10:05am
Going Nuts's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2001 - 09:00

Found them tonight at my local variety store... no warning! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
They are made in Canada, BTW.
Amy

Posted on: Sat, 08/12/2006 - 4:15am
gw_mom3's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/14/2000 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Going Nuts:
[b]Found them tonight at my local variety store... no warning! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
They are made in Canada, BTW.
Amy[/b]
I don't think the US distribution has begun yet. There were some stores in the US that have had the ones from Canada off and on for a few months now, so I'm not sure that's indicative of what is to come from Nestle USA.
------------------
==============
[b]~Gale~[/b]

Posted on: Sat, 08/12/2006 - 4:17am
erik's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Going Nuts:
[b]Found them tonight at my local variety store... no warning! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
They are made in Canada, BTW.
Amy[/b]
Hi Amy,
ENJOY! I love these bars [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Sat, 08/12/2006 - 4:21am
erik's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by gw_mom3:
[b] [quote]I don't think the US distribution has begun yet. There were some stores in the US that have had the ones from Canada off and on for a few months now, so I'm not sure that's indicative of what is to come from Nestle USA. [/b]
Next time someone calls Nestle USA, this would be a good question to ask (where will the bars be manufactured) [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Pages

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...