I ate four tootsie roll pops...3 were cherry and the last one was chocolate.
After I finished the last one, a blood blister started swelling in my mouth. It became pretty large. I opened it up and lots of blood came out.
I also had two other small ones start and opened those up sooner.
I had this one other time when I drank grape juice. I was RAST tested for grapes and nothing showed up.
Is this a sign of an allergy or what causes the blood blisters?
I took 50 mg. of Benadryl as a precaution.
On Nov 12, 2003
I'm sorry this happened to you. Have you had a chance to ask a doctor about it, yet? I hope you can get some answers so you don't have to go through it again.