Make sure it\'s a real allergist.

Posted on: Fri, 07/26/2002 - 1:08am
river's picture
Joined: 07/15/1999 - 09:00

pIn Canada some allergy clinics are not run by real allergists. Family physicians with "an interest in allergies" can operate these clinics. Perhaps there are some who are quite good, but if you have doubts check with your province's College of Physicians to know exactly what training your doctor has been through./p

Posted on: Fri, 07/26/2002 - 7:36am
California Mom's picture
Joined: 07/14/2000 - 09:00

I think that is true in the United States as well. I have heard that any M.D. can put up their shingle (if you will) advertising themselves as a specialist in anything. A board certified allergist is what you want to look for here in the U.S. Miriam

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...