Kudos to Bonefish Grill


I recently had what could have been a deadly night out at Bonefish Grill, but it ended up turning in to an amazingly positive experience.

I was accidently served a meal which conatained peanuts. Fortunately, I had all my meds close at hand and I was ok. What turned this from a negative to a positive experience was the reaction of the corporation. I wrote to them to let them know about the incident and suggest some measures they could take to prevent it from happening again in the future. I recieved calls, not only from their Director of Operations, but also from the President of the company to let me know what actions they were taking. The short version of the story is, effective immediately, they are suspending the use of peanuts in their restaurnts at least until such time as the menus can be changed to clearly state which items have them. They are also testing their recipes and evaluating if they will reintroduce the use of peanuts at all.

To read the whole story explaining what happend, here's a blog about it: http://evamoon.net/blog/2009/12/11/sweets-to-the-sweet-here-have-a-nut/

I would like to highly recommend Bonefish Grill to the peanut allergy community. I would still ask about peanuts when ordering, of course, but I can assure you the staff will know the answers at this point in time.

Pam East www.pameast.net

By jenniferbfab on Dec 13, 2009

Thank you for this very interesting information!

Jennifer B www.foodallergybuzz.com

By BeyondAPeanut on Dec 21, 2009

Hi Pam,

Thank you for your post, and for helping to create another allergy aware restaurant. We ate at Bonefish Grill in Colorado and had a great experience.