HR 4063

Posted on: Sun, 03/05/2006 - 9:46pm
steveandleslea's picture

I was interviewed by Connect for Kids this week for a story on HR 4063. I don't know when the story will come out, but I sure hope HR 4063 helps prompt schools into positive action!!

[url="http://www.connectforkids.com"]http://www.connectforkids.com[/url]

My blog: [url="http://allergyware.wordpress.com"]http://allergyware.wordpress.com[/url]

I'll talk more about HR 4063 on my podcast after the article comes out.

Posted on: Wed, 03/08/2006 - 11:11am
TraceyJ's picture

From Washington:
We wanted to pass on some very important information we received today regarding a proposed food allergy bill. As you know, protecting our children in school is one of the most difficult tasks we have as parents. In October 2005, FAAN members led a large campaign to rally support for HR 4063, The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act of 2005 (see below) . This bill is the first step in accomplishing safety for our children in their school. This is your opportunity as a parent to make a difference and make your voices heard. Please read the information below and call or write. Representative Joe Barton as soon as possible. A sample letter is attached and specific contact info is listed below the bill. Thank you.
HR 4063 - The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act
Purpose: To help assure that schools can safely manage students with life-threatening food allergies.
Background: An estimated 2 million school-age children suffer from food allergies, for which there is no cure. A recent study published in the Journal of School Nursing showed that 94 percent of the nation

Posted on: Sat, 10/14/2006 - 11:46pm
pfmom2's picture

Have sent a letter. HR 4063 is sitting since May 2006, let's not let it die in the committee and make sure we write our representatives. This is too important as those of us with school children find out, whether it's Epipens being locked up, or whatever the issue with the schools are, lets work to get this LAW!
Edited to say WE HAVE A VOICE, let it be heard for those with life-threatening food allergies!
[This message has been edited by pfmom2 (edited October 15, 2006).]

Posted on: Wed, 03/08/2006 - 11:11am
TraceyJ's picture

From Washington:
We wanted to pass on some very important information we received today regarding a proposed food allergy bill. As you know, protecting our children in school is one of the most difficult tasks we have as parents. In October 2005, FAAN members led a large campaign to rally support for HR 4063, The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act of 2005 (see below) . This bill is the first step in accomplishing safety for our children in their school. This is your opportunity as a parent to make a difference and make your voices heard. Please read the information below and call or write. Representative Joe Barton as soon as possible. A sample letter is attached and specific contact info is listed below the bill. Thank you.
HR 4063 - The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act
Purpose: To help assure that schools can safely manage students with life-threatening food allergies.
Background: An estimated 2 million school-age children suffer from food allergies, for which there is no cure. A recent study published in the Journal of School Nursing showed that 94 percent of the nation

Posted on: Sat, 10/14/2006 - 11:46pm
pfmom2's picture

Have sent a letter. HR 4063 is sitting since May 2006, let's not let it die in the committee and make sure we write our representatives. This is too important as those of us with school children find out, whether it's Epipens being locked up, or whatever the issue with the schools are, lets work to get this LAW!
Edited to say WE HAVE A VOICE, let it be heard for those with life-threatening food allergies!
[This message has been edited by pfmom2 (edited October 15, 2006).]

Forum

Click on one of the categories below to see all forum topics.

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

If you’ve recently discovered a peanut allergy in your family, you may be wondering what on earth you are going to replace those peanut butter and...

For anyone who has had a peanut allergy diagnosis, it is necessary to avoid eating peanuts entirely. However,...

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...

Are you tired of serving fresh-cut fruits and veggies as a healthy snack? Sure, there's nothing wrong with these options, but they can get boring...